HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
The season of giving and sharing is fast upon us. I feel like we just wished one another a happy new yesterday. When it comes to Christmas and gift giving it is very easy to feel overwhelmed because there are so many things happening all at once.
Gift giving can be tricky especially when you are trying to decided what to get your loved ones. Truth be told, it is not about the price tag but how thoughtful the gift is.
Here are my holiday gift guide, I hope it helps you.
1. Save & Budget: These are very important because you don’t want to go into debt trying to buy gifts. You can start saving for the holidays at the beginning of year so you have the money you need when the time comes. Also, you can budget how much you want to spend on each person on your list ahead of time.
2. Plan Ahead: You don’t have to wait until two weeks before Christmas to start shopping for the people on your list, you can buy gifts all year long. Today is black Friday, many stores will be having sales so remember to take advantage of that.
3. Use cash rebate apps: There are so many of them out there that give you cash back when you shop. My favorite is Ebates , it is so simple to use just download the app and go to your favorite store through the app and get cash back on what you buy. Cash back varies between 2% and 15%.
4. Give what you have: Remember every gift doesn’t have to cost money. You can give your time (go visit someone you haven’t seen in a while, call an old friend), you can give your talent (I like to organize so I’m helping my husband organize his closet as one of his gifts this holiday).
5. Remember those in need: As you give to your loved ones please don’t forget those that need the basic things of life. Donate to your local shelter or volunteer at a soup kitchen.
Some gift ideas for the men in your life are colognes, wrist watches, or the latest FIFA game. For the women in your life you can get jewelry, perfume, a spa certificate or a handbag. For the kids, educational fun toys.
Question of the day: Do you like surprise gifts or do you prefer to tell people what you want?
Sending Strength and love your way,