5 Ways to Invest In You!
Updated: Jan 2, 2019
When you hear the word Investment, what comes to your mind? Stocks, bonds or real estate? If you guessed any of these you are right. Did you ever consider yourself as an investment? Believe it or not you are an entity ( You are the CEO of You.Inc) so investing in yourself should be a priority. On this blog post I will be sharing five ways to invest in yourself.
1) INVEST IN YOUR FINANCES: The best way to do this is to live a debt free life, when money becomes a major factor in your decision making you results are bound to be skewed. Try living below your means, don't try and keep up with the Jones. Plan on becoming debt free, even if you currently don't have the money to pay it off now still make plan. Don't be afraid of using the "B" word, BUDGET! contrary to popular beliefs budgeting is not for broke people. If someone is trying to make you buy/do something and you can't afford it simply tell them " It is not in my budget".
2) INVEST IN YOUR HEALTH: As cliche as this may sound, I think it is necessary to say it again "health is wealth" . Make your healthy a priority , eat good food, drink lots of water, try and get enough sleep, and live an active lifestyle.
3) INVEST IN YOUR HAPPINESS: Happiness is a result of something happening to around you. Make a conscious effort to do things that make you happy. You have to be intentional about it, do not entertain negative thoughts ( Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23). The only person that can give your true Happiness and Joy is Christ Jesus, develop a personal relationship with him.
4) INVEST IN YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE: With everyone living a busy life it is so easy to put your relationship with God on auto-pilot . The way you feel hungry when you haven't eaten is the same way your spirit feels when you haven't fed it the word of God. Develop a personal relationship with Jesus, don't make it a Sunday affair. When you put God at the center of your life, everything begins to fall in place.
5) INVEST IN OTHERS: We are blessed to be a blessing, whatever your gifts are use it to the glory of God.
I hope this has given you some ideas on how to invest in you.
Question of the day: How do you invest in you? let me know in the comments here or on Instagram
Sending love & strength your way,