AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
Happy thankful November, can you believe there are 60 days left in 2017? Most of us had great plans for this year, while some have been achieved others are yet to be completed. No matter where you are in your journey this year, one thing that can change everything is your attitude. It is not about what happens to you but how you react. Being thankful is choice, it is doesn’t happen by default. My pastor says “If you can think, you can thank”. No matter how bad you think your situation is there is always something to be thankful for.
The picture above is my gratitude jar. A gratitude jar is where you write and keep things you are thankful for throughout the year and you read them at the end of the year or whenever you want. I started doing this a year ago and I found out it makes me happy whenever I read something that happened that I already forgot about. Your jar doesn’t have to be fancy, I got the jar as a wedding souvenir and stickers from the dollar tree.
Here are my favorite Bible verses about being thankful:
1. Philippians 4:6 :Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
2. Psalm 106:1 :Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
3. Psalm 100:4 :Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
4. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 :Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
5. Psalm 105:1 :Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
As you prepare for all the thanksgiving festivities remember not to be greedy and give to the needy.
Sending love & strength your way,