10 WAYS TO BEAT WINTER BLUES
It is that time of the year when the weather is cooler, the sun is not shinning as much and everything appears gloomy. Adding the time change to the mix doesn’t help either. It is easy to let the weather get the best out of you, If care is not taken, But not to worry, I am here to share some tips on how to beat the winter blues.
10 WAYS TO BEAT WINTER BLUES
1. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: The fastest way to get the endorphins going to get your body moving. You can go for a walk, run, or jog. You can lift some weights if you are up to it. Whatever it is, just move your body.
2. TAKE SOME VITAMIN D: Inconsistent moods could be due to lack of vitamins and nutrients. Make sure you are taking a multi-vitamin with vitamin D. Please check with you Doctor before starting any supplements.
3. START A GRATITUDE JOURNAL: There is something about keeping a gratitude journal that just makes you happy. By journaling, you are making an intentional effort to see the good in every situation. You don’t have to go and buy a journal; you can use the notes app on your phone for this purpose.
4. TALK TO SOMEONE: Now is not the time to keep to yourself, schedule some time to hang out with your friends. There is something about being in the presence of your loved ones that just muplifts your mood. Also, if you haven’t started therapy; now will be a good time to start.
5. STICK TO A SLEEP SCHEDULE: As tempting as it is to want to stay up late watching movies, you will be better off getting a good night’s rest. Create a morning and evening routine you enjoy; this can be as simple as having no cellphone usage the first two hours of waking up or going to bed at 9pm at night.
6. DRINK SOMETHING WARM: There is something about a good cup of tea or coffee to warm you up from the inside. There are tons of teas out there that are very beneficial for the body. Here is one of my favorites.
7. ELEVATE YOUR SENSE OF SMELL: One of the easiest ways to do this is to use an essential oil diffuser to add some pleasant scent to your space. My favorite essential oils are citrus and peppermint, for some reason I never got on board with the lavender scent..lol. Another way to elevate your sense of smell is to use a body wash that has a citrus scent or even a perfume. Citrus is one of those scents that helps elevate your mood.
8. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN: The winter air is very dry, so taking care of your skin is essential. This will be a good time to double down on your skin care routine. Fun fact: Your skin care routine in winter should focus on hydration, so using serums containig hyaluronic acid, heavy moisturizer should be your go to. Also, drinking lots of water will help with hydration too.
9. WATCH YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS: There is something about watching something familiar that makes us happy. For me, I love a good Christmas movie.
10. SPEND TIME WITH JESUS: There is something about spending daily quality time with Jesus that changes your outlook on life. When you commit your affairs into the hands of God, He takes care of the things you can’t.
Question of the day:Are you team Coffee or Tea? Comment below.
Until next time, remember, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.